Monday, February 18, 2013

Be kind always, no matter

Hello friends, enemies, and stalkers. Just kidding...kind of. I try to be funny sometimes. It's mostly just nonsense that pops into my head and it translates into visual nonsense. Anyways, some people have requested that I get back to rambling on my blog. Until recently I haven't had much to say, but I've had some new found motivation. There are some things that are very important to me that I'd like to share.

I've come to realize that no matter what state of mind you are in personally, being kind to others will make you a better person. I went through a rough little stretch of feeling pretty down. Whenever anyone gets in that mind set, it feels as if you will never be get yourself out of that rut. It feels like no matter what you do, this dark cloud will follow you around always. This is where the power of kindness comes into play. I had a lot of great friends that went well out of there way to put a smile back on my face. Although many of them didn't know what was going on in my head, they reminded me to be positive no matter what the issue. And like Dave says, "Don't let the troubles in your head steal too much time you'll soon be dead." I can't stress the importance of that quote enough.  There are going to be bad times and things you can't change. It's up to you pick yourself up and hopefully even have some good friends to help you on your way up. A good friend of mine said to me, "Pain is inevitable. But, don't let it dictate your life. You will get through this and what ever other heartbreaks you encounter. Don't hide your love away." That was one of the wisest things I've ever had said to me. Don't let pain get in the way of the love you have to give. Learn from your past experiences and grow from them. Don't regret anything in your past, instead remember the good experiences that came along with it. Don't waste your time with negative feelings towards anyone. Use that energy to be positive and help others, as well as yourself. 

Recently, even when I was down, I made a conscious effort to help others. I really started to appreciate the nice people in my life. I wanted more than anything to give back the love that a lot of people gave me. Knowing how it is to have that hopeless feeling, I didn't want to see anyone else go through the same thing. It is amazing what a simple kind gesture can do for someone. Taking a second to put a smile on someones face can turn their day around. Going out of your way to help other's won't only make their day, it will make your day too. You will see that bringing a smile to others face's will bring a smile to yours too. Treat others how you'd like to be treated and you will hopefully receive the same. Some of the friends I've met the past year are the most loving people I've ever known. Seek out other loving people and you will find yourself being a better person. As Dave says, "once you give, you begin to live." Take the time to help others, be positive, and be kind always...no matter :)

*Disclaimer: I'm half asleep...spelling and grammar is probably atrocious...read at your own risk!

2 comments:

  1. I want this shirt! :-)
    Nice Blog, Andy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Andy! Way to spread the LoVE. Making a choice to change your outlook and give back is a sure way to lift your spirits as well as those around you :) #LoVE

    ReplyDelete

My friend BT and I

My friend BT and I

Boyd, my brother and I

Boyd, my brother and I

Butch Taylor and I

Butch Taylor and I

Jeff Coffin and I

Jeff Coffin and I

Tim Reynolds and I

Tim Reynolds and I