Wednesday, September 26, 2012

How DMB Found Me

The Summer of 2005 was when my friends and I went concert crazy. We just graduated high school and basically went to every live concert besides Britney Spears. During our run, DMB obviously headed to Massachusetts and that was on our list of shows to see. So on July 9th, 2005 I attended my first DMB concert. At this time, I was only a fair-weather fan and didn't know many songs. Come to find out I witnessed the first time #34 had been play in its entirety in 12 years. It is such a shame that I got to hear such a great song with Roi and not even realize what I was witnessing. But none the less, after that concert I started getting that itch. I tried getting tickets to the show the next night, but at this time knew nothing about warehouse or ants, so I failed. I ended up going out with a friend that night and told him how much fun I had at the concert. He grabbed his cd case and pulled out a cd and put it in. He said to me, "well if you liked the show last night then I know you will love this song." The song he put on for me was Dancing Nancies and it was the first time I had heard it. Before this I had only listened to the "radio friendly" DMB songs. So when I heard this for the first time it was a whole new sound and experience for me. It was like getting slapped in the face with greatness. After this, I started downloading all the live music and I was hooked. The rest is history, fourty seven shows later here I am still going strong!
-Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment

My friend BT and I

My friend BT and I

Boyd, my brother and I

Boyd, my brother and I

Butch Taylor and I

Butch Taylor and I

Jeff Coffin and I

Jeff Coffin and I

Tim Reynolds and I

Tim Reynolds and I