Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Open Up Your Head

I am going to take you back in time a little bit and tell some some of my back story. I wasn't always so open minded and friendly. When I was younger I was over weight so I was socially awkward. Junior year of high school I hit my growth spurt and started working out. It was only until then that I started coming out of my shell a little bit. But it took many years after that to be really comfortable with myself. I never really had a serious girlfriend until I was 20. By that time I had a good group of friends and was very social, but I was always pretty self conscious at the same time. Her and I went together like peas and carrots (Forrest Gump reference) but I was still never fully comfortable with myself. We dated for about three and a half years and it was awesome but it was destined to end because even though I loved her I never really learned to love myself. I was always so afraid to lose her that I only just wanted to hang out with her and pretty much lived in my own little box away from the world (see what I did there?) I was always afraid to go out of my comfort zone and experience new things. I was also a very negative person for some reason. For some reason I could never look on the bright side of things. I was the "glass half empty" kind of guy. Basically in the end these combination of things led to us breaking up.  It was her decision, so obviously I was devastated for a while. This is where that "everything happens for a reason saying comes in to play. After I shook off the break up, I decided I wanted to change how I acted and be more positive. I figured the best way to do this is by starting to work on loving myself. After some time I realized I had a lot of good people around me and that I know I must be doing something right to have such great people in my life. I took a bad experience and made it a positive one by changing my attitude towards life. Now I have a very positive outlook on life. I've met a lot of awesome people and have had unbelievable experiences. Until this year I never really thought outside of the box and opened up my head (see what I did there?) to different things. It took me until this summer to learn that everything really does happen for a reason. As much as it hurt losing someone I loved more than anything, none of the awesome friends I have made or life changing experiences would have happened. Sometimes it takes a lot of hurt to realize there is more good out there than you realize. I am now so much more appreciative and loving towards myself as well as others. It makes me happy helping other people because a lot of great people have helped me through tough times. Just remember that everything does happen for a reason and in the end good things happen to good people. 

This is basically prequel to the rest of the stories I have. I just wanted to give a little more background info on myself first. It is pretty hard to describe yourself on twitter so I wanted to go a little more in depth. This is my first time blogging and my grammar and punctuation is probably horrible! So please excuse that and stay tuned for some more to come soon! Thanks :)
-Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment

My friend BT and I

My friend BT and I

Boyd, my brother and I

Boyd, my brother and I

Butch Taylor and I

Butch Taylor and I

Jeff Coffin and I

Jeff Coffin and I

Tim Reynolds and I

Tim Reynolds and I