Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Save The Bacon

Oh bacon, how I love thee so. Why do we love bacon so much? It is a question I have asked myself as the "aporkalypse" is upon us. What is the "aporkalypse?" It is the the predicted shortage in pork products we will have to deal with next year. The beloved pork belly product we all love may be harder to find than Waldo come this time next year. Supposedly this bacon shortage is now un-avoidable. This made me think of how great bacon that there is many kinds of bacon we take for granted. Side bacon is the most common bacon in America. My favorite kind of side bacon is maple sugar bacon. It blends sweet with salty into pork perfection. But there is a kind of bacon that everyone forgets about, side bacon's cousin, back bacon. Back bacon is also known as Canadian Bacon. Why is Canadian bacon an important member of the bacon family? It is a very key component in eggs benedict, my favorite breakfast meal. Eggs benedict is like sex on a plate. Who wouldn't want sex on a plate? The man's man Ron Swanson once said, "just give me all the bacon and eggs you have." We can not live without bacon...start breeding pigs people.
-Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment

My friend BT and I

My friend BT and I

Boyd, my brother and I

Boyd, my brother and I

Butch Taylor and I

Butch Taylor and I

Jeff Coffin and I

Jeff Coffin and I

Tim Reynolds and I

Tim Reynolds and I